Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Classes in Humble, TX
Children in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Can Reap More Benefits Than You Think!
If you have children who are looking for an exciting after-school class to join in on, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu can be the answer you’re looking for. Like other martial arts, learning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu will help to teach them the discipline and focus they need to learn the various moves and positions.
That learning will move into other aspects of their lives, such as doing schoolwork and interacting with their peers. Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu can provide your child with goals and a sense of purpose, drive, and disciple to go after those goals. Your child taking these classes can help significantly build their self confidence and athletic development at the same time; they'll be having fun, and you won't worry about them being bored after school or all summer. In addition, think of the ways that learning something so new and empowering will help their self-esteem. In a day and age where a lot of kids struggle with their self-worth, rigorous training will help them achieve greater confidence in all aspects of their lives, and that’s what our center is all about!
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu discipline and skills are the cornerstone of the children’s class because of traditional values:
- Children will learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu martial arts self defense skills in a disciplined environment.
- Self defense skills are taught on their feet and on the ground.
- How to handle bullies without violence is taught.
- The danger of strangers are covered.
- Being a Martial Artist also means being a better student. Every child learns to follow directions, pay attention in class and participate in class activities. These skills help them to become better students; therefore, better grades.
- Coordination, weight loss, fitness, strength development will occur.
- Confidence and self-esteem will increase and they will learn to control their anger and release it in a positive manner.
- They will learn to be disciplined, to show respect, and have integrity.
- Leadership skills will be taught and developed for future use. They will learn to focus and concentrate since BJJ is a thinking sport and this will help them focus in school.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for Young Adults
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu has been proven to be one of the most effective martial arts on the planet by endless streams of MMA fighters who have arm barred their way toward victory. In an essence; it's a way to defend yourself. Not only that, but it will help you with further developing problem solving skills, courage, and get you into good shape! If you’re working a full-time job, in college, or just busy being an adult, learning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or other martial arts, you can channel those negative feelings into something positive - learning discipline and focus at the same time. It allows you to gain valuable self-defense skills, which you can use to protect yourself if the need ever arises.
About the Art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu originated in Brazil in the 1900s, although it was by way of Japan. In the early 1900s, Esai Maeda, a former Jujutsu champion in Japan who was now leader of a Japanese immigration convoy assigned to Brazil, befriended Gastao Gracie and taught his son Carlos. Carlos and his brothers, in turn, opened their martial arts school in 1925; his younger brother Helio adjusted the techniques to account for his smaller frame, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu was then born! Helios' son eventually brought Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to the United States in the 1980s, and it has been growing steadily more popular ever since. Unlike other martial arts styles, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu teaches a smaller person ways they can defend themselves against a much larger opponent. While standing combat is also prevalent, this style is best known for its numerous chokes, holds, joint locks, and other manipulations designed to overpower an opponent.
Seriously Considering Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? Contact McCall Mixed Martial Arts Today!
If you live in Houston, Humble, Kingwood, Channelview, Atascocita, or the surrounding area and are looking for martial arts classes to join, look no further than McCall Mixed Martial Arts. We are a family owned and operated studio run by black belt experts. Our classes are available for all ages; kids, teens, and adults. It doesn’t matter if you’ve had any experience, there’s always somewhere to start at McCall! If you’re looking for professional martial arts classes for yourself or for your child, contact us today and we’ll put a plan together that will fit your needs and budget.